Crossbow multi-role software defined radio scanning/decoding system
Crossbow delivers decoding, analysis, recording and processing of off-air data for customisable user applications with data protected and secured on an encrypted solid state drive.
- Reconfigurable user interface
- Local or remote antennas
- Can be re-tasked in the field for ongoing changeable missions
- Multi-channel RF front end
- Rugged outdoor military standard (MIL-STD) unit with daylight readable touch screen display
- Standard LIPS 10/12 battery powered.
With rapid prototyping, evaluation and short run production capability, and a technical partnership with the user, PPM Systems offers COTS, MOTS and fully custom solutions for military and defence users.
Software-Defined Radio (SDR) is predicted to become the dominant technology in radio communications, with many advantages over more traditional radio systems including:
- Significantly wider operating ranges from low MHz to GHz.
- High instantaneous bandwidth by combining RF streams within the software domain.
- Increased operating freedom, the adaptive nature of SDR allows self-monitoring and dynamic reconfiguration to optimise performance in the field.
- Reduced total cost of ownership; replacing multiple traditional radio sets with a single hardware platform, able to support multiple end-use applications.
- The protocol agnostic RF front ends allows software to determine, decode and encode to any protocol required on the fly.
- Intelligence | ISTAR
- Special Reconnaissance Surveillance and Exploitation (SRSE)
- Engineering | Design | Manufacturing
- EOD | IEDD | Bomb disposal